Sunday, March 13, 2011

Frustrations of Healing

Bad Hair Day by EverybodyElse on Etsy

Yesterday was one if those days...I had enough!  

After all the meds every 3 hours, can't do this, don't do that, careful with that....I had enough! The pain from my surgery while managable, but most of the time excruciating, was driving me nuts! 
 Not being able to do "normal" things because of the surgery, the list goes on and on. 

Yesterday I ended up in tears in my hubby's arms wondering when I would be back to normal...my husbands tender voice said to me..."but honey, you are doing well....better than anticipated actually" And though I didn't feel it at the time, I knew he was right. So all I have to say now is..."Thank you Lord for the hope that you give me for tomorrow!  I pray that you will continue to provide it for me."

3 comments:

Sandy's Creations in Clay said...

Katie,
Unfortunately it takes time to heal, but you will be better and better every day. Your hubby is so sweet and he is so right. It's a wonderful place to be in his loving arms.
Sandy

Trina Prenzi said...

Katie, Each day I pray that you feel better and stronger. You've been through so much and those kinds of feelings you have are to be expected, I'm sure. Your hubby is so sweet, such a blessing and comfort to you! It is good to hear that you are doing better than anticipated!
Sending lots of hugs your way!
~Trina

Unknown said...

Sandy & Trina -- so nice to hear from both of you. So many of the emotional struggles are sadly drug induced...but as of right now, I simply cannot do without them. Every day provides a new challenge, a new baby step, and refreshed hope for tomorrow. Thank you BOTH for your love & prayers -- I appreciate them!

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...