SusanEKnits
This is our second MONDAY MADNESS special, where we will feature one handmade artist and their talent! Today I am honored to have my friend, Susan, to share her talent & love of her craft. Let the MADNESS Begin!
TODAY'S FEATURED ARTISAN:
Tell us a little bit about yourself:
I've been knitting since I was a kid, and I love to go into yarn stores and spend an hour or so just caressing the yarns! There's so much to choose from. I live in Connecticut with my husband, daughter and 2 cats. My son is away at college. During the day I run a recruitment advertising agency and keep very busy with plenty of activities.
What's the History of Your Store?
My store grew out of a discussion with a friend who is in the business. Because I can't pass a yarn shop without going in, and I can't resist the wonderful colors and textures, I've developed quite a stash. I also work with others who are destashing. I love to knit with these wonderful fibers as well, so it's a natural extension.
What makes your store UNIQUE from all the other stores that sell a product similar to yours:
I carry a lot of yarns that have been discontinued in a variety of price ranges; yarns that are hard to find. In addition to some of my friend's designs, some of my own are included as well. I like to try and put a "twist" on my items, possibly because I'm a bit twisted myself :-)
What are your favorite items that you make and list in your store:
That's a tough question, I love my stuff! I guess my favorite right now is the LucaTape from Lucci Yarn. All of Lucci's yarns come with free patterns, and with LucaTape, you can have a great shawlette using just one scarf. It's available in my shop for about $25 including shipping (depending on where), and there are over 30 colorways to choose from. LucaTape is a combination of 3 Lucci Yarns, including sequins, that make up a yarn to use with size 9-11 needles, making short work of your project.
Tell us about your favorite item you've made:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/57134147/custom-handknit-love-the-yarn-dont-knit
I think this is one of my better ideas... so many people tell me how much they love my yarns, but don't knit, or don't know what they'd do with them. So by purchasing this listing along with yarn, I'll knit the yarn into a scarf or hat, and negotiate any larger or more complicated items. It requires a purchase of 2 skeins of yarn, or 1 of a yarn over $8.00 per skein
Do you do custom orders? Tell us a little bit about brining someone's idea into reality.
I do take custom orders for many items. If there's a yarn you see and want it in another color, I may have it. I'm happy to work with you to create great hand knitted items.
SPECIAL OFFER FROM SUSANEKNITS:
Mention this blog during October and take 10% off your purchase.
Find SusanEKnits Here:
Our "Monday Madness" slots are open to any artist, crafter, or hobbyist that has an online store. If you would like to submit your name and store to be considered for a Monday feature on our blog, please contact us here.







No comments:
Post a Comment