Life is good ... but it's about to change.
This past weekend, Mommy & Daddy took me home. I hadn't been to my house in over 10 weeks. In fact, I kind thought that Mommy & Daddy and me lived with Grandma & Grandpa. But this weekend I got to go home. It was so cold in the house ... but I curled up with Mommy and laid on her feet to keep each of us warm.
I got to see all my squirrel friends in the woods (they've wondered where I've been). And I told them that I was on vacation! But I've had to face something I never thought I'd say. The last time Mommy let me write on her blog, I wrote about my best doggie friend, Tillie...and now it looks like I'm going to have to say goodbye to Tillie!
Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to go home soon. But when Mommy and Daddy are gone, there's no one for me to talk to, or annoy, or to play with, and jump on! I'm really going to miss spending time with Tillie and buddying around Grandma's house. I'm going to miss spending time with my Grandma & Grandpa too. Don't tell Mom ... she thinks she's the best, and she probably is ... but sometimes I can't decide where I want to be. I love my Mommy, but Grandma spoils me, so I often sit half-way between both of them, because lots of times, Grandma has cookies for me!
It will be nice to home, chasing my squirrel friends, helping Mommy build a garden, and chase away all the pesky critters that come through the back yard. Perhaps what I'm looking forward to the most is quality time with my Mom & Dad in the evenings, during family time, just the three of us, once again.
In conclusion, here's a picture of this past week, when Tillie and I spent the whole afternoon being lazy. Bye for now!

4 comments:
Glad you are well enough to go home Katie... I am sure you are sad Daisy... sounds like the goodies from Grandma and playing with Tillie were great fun!
Life is so full of changes and this one is a good one, even though Daisy will miss Tilly and Grandma and Grandpa! ~ You will all miss each other, but I'm so glad to hear that you are well enough to go home Katie! :)
I wrote a little something about what HOME feels like to me, on my blog yesterday, and I'm thinking that's a little bit how you feel about "Home Sweet Home" too! My prayers go home with you.
~Trina
http://trinastrinketts.blogspot.com/2011/04/home-sweet-home.html
So glad to read you are back at home now :o)
Amy x
Marian, Trina, & Amy - Thank you for your support and encouraging words!
We'll be going home next week...it's been a long journey...BUT, I'll be glad to get home (and so will Daisy).
Post a Comment